Our Statement of Faith
We confess our affirmation of the Apostle’s, Nicene, and Chalcedonian Creeds, which we believe to reflect Christian orthodoxy and the clear teaching of Holy Scripture. In addition, we make the following confession of faith our own:
1. We believe in one living and true God, the Creator and Lord of the heavens and the earth. In the unity of the Godhead there are three persons, of one substance, equal in power and eternity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that Jesus Christ is truly God and truly man, yet one Messiah, the only mediator between God and man. There is no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ came down from heaven, was incarnated by the Holy Spirit and was born of the Virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life in perfect obedience to the Father, and was crucified for my sins. He suffered, died, and was buried, and He rose bodily from the dead on the third day. As the God-man, Jesus Christ ascended into heaven and now sits at the right hand of God the Father, interceding for His people. At His first coming, Jesus inaugurated the fulfillment of the Kingdom of God.
4. We believe in the Holy Spirit, who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower for ministry every believer in Jesus Christ. He is an abiding Helper, Teacher and Guide. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of all the manifestations ( gifts) of the Spirit.
5. We believe that all men and women are sinners by nature and choice and are under condemnation. We are now accounted righteous before God only by the merit of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, through faith in Him alone, and not by our own works or deserving.
6. We believe that we have been born again by the regenerating power of the Holy Spirit. This same Holy Spirit now lives in us, producing faith, holiness, love and power.
7. We believe in the divine inspiration, truthfulness and authority of both the Old and New Testament Scriptures.
8. We believe that the church is intended by God to be a worshiping community of believers, observing the ordinances of Christ, governed by His law, exercising the gifts, privileges and discipline invested in the church by His Word and His Holy Spirit, and seeking to extend the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth.
9. We believe Christ committed two ordinances to the church: water baptism and the Lord’s Supper. We believe water baptism is available to all Christian believers following a clear profession of Christian faith. We believe that the Lord’s Supper is open to all believers. Through the working of the Holy Spirit, the Lord’s Supper nourishes my soul. It brings to our remembrance the sacrifice of Christ for our sins, our communion with Christ and the church and our obligation to persevere in faith and holiness to the end of my life.
10. We believe in the personal, visible, appearing of Christ to earth and the consummation of His Kingdom; in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous.
For a more complete explanation of our statement of faith including Scripture references please download “Our Core Values & Beliefs” from Vineyard USA web page. https://vineyardusa.org/about/core-values-beliefs/